Today, my tiniest sweet cakes is 3 years old! She's at this beautiful place between baby and little girl. She still sports the chubby belly and cries "Carry me, Mama!". But she also thinks she's big, wanting to do everything she can by herself and begging to have painted nails and pierced ears! No piercings yet, little princess! Truly, she is at a magnificent age! Those of you who are parents know how we feel the urge to freeze time in our children's lives. I know that so many things will be easier when she's older and more independent, but I long to keep her just as she is! Today, I celebrate Leah, the little girl who has truly made our home a brighter, more lovely place to be. Could I have engineered a child to be Luke's sibling and our daughter, I could not have made a more wonderful person for our family. God has blessed us with a beautiful, headstrong, silly, sweet, affectionate, prissy, tough, messy girl that dances and sings her way through life. Leah, I'm so glad that I'm your mom!
4 comments:
Happy Birthday to Leah!! Love the crown and earrings. Just lovely!
Happy Birthday Leah! Precious post. Enjoyed dinner last night. We must to coffee soon.
Love,
Lauren
Could she be any cuter?? Here dimples are adorable!! Happy Birthday Leah!!
Jennifer, I love you! I continue to ask myself how I missed out on a deeper friendship with you when we were in Fairhope....it's not like I was thinking "she's so not cool, she can't be my friend :)"
I'm so glad you came with Wendy and Lori...seriously, ya'll could move in!!! Thank you for being such an encouragement.
ps....ok, I spotted the blue and white planter in one of the pictures....still looking for one to replace the bird in living room. Shhhhh, don't tell Billy.
Post a Comment