Friday, August 21, 2009

Sheer Madness!

Today, I will let you enter the dark, dark world that is my mind. It's a scary place to be, I warn you. Sometimes I sing the words of this Matchbox Twenty song to myself: "Hey, it's me! Yeah and I can't get myself to go away!" Let me just admit it: I'm addicted to decorating! Really, I simply love fabrics and rearranging things. And I love painting things to make them look new and fresh. So, of course, I've already mentally begun planning the baby's room. Here are some of the fabrics I've collected:






These are not all of the swatches I have, but it's a taste. Sick, I know. And I have yet to actually go to Rich Tex or Hancock Fabrics. They will probably see me coming and hide all of their scissors! All of these fabrics I collected from online sites. I'm really drawn to turquoise this time, for some reason. And I have a few funky prints that are much brighter than I would've ever considered for a baby's room. Maybe it's just the mood I'm in! Feeling funky ya'll! I'm also considering putting a big tree on a wall in the baby's room this time. Here's one I'm thinking about:

You can also add a swinging child if you want. Click here for the website.

I also really love the bird mobile that this blogger made:

The bird pattern is free from Spool Sewing. Do ya'll think this mobile would only be suitable for a girl's room? Oh, how I love birds! Thank you for sharing this indulgent moment with me as I dream of this project! I have more going on in this sick brain of mine, but that's all I can stand to share right now. Happy weekend, everyone!

5 comments:

Michelle Taylor said...

Congratulations Jennifer!! I didn't know you were expecting - that is wonderful! I enjoyed reading your blog.

April Brown said...

I love ALL of them!! Can't wait to see what you pick and how it all comes together!!

And, Jason Mraz is oh, so wonderful!! I love his song Lucky and If it kills me!

Chris Griffith said...

Jennifer, I am a fabric nut too so I love all the fabric combinations...how will you ever choose? I am happy to see that baby nurseries have changed a lot since I had my two - I am sure whatever you pick will be precious...I wouldn't want to be making the decision. So excited for you all.

Jackie said...

LOVE your fabric options. How are you supposed to choose?! A friend of mine who is a bit of an artist did a really cool version of the tree mural. Instead of painting it directly on the wall she spread it out over about a dozen or so small canvases and hung them to make the tree. Sort of a like a puzzle. It's way cooler than I'm describing it.

Emily Chappell said...

I LOVE all your choices!! I should have hired you. That would have been more fun than spending 2 hours at Javis Davis and agonizing over a flippin STRIPE.