To say that Slade was a proud papa is an understatement. He was beaming from ear to ear when Janie Justesen brought little Samuel out for all of us to see. Slade, Jr. was literally glued to the glass - so, so proud to have his brother here! Here's the crowd that rushed to the window when he was brought out and some pics of Slade presenting his little boy to us.

Yes, I know that I've posted quite a few pics, but there are more! Today I got to see Wendy and hold Samuel for a bit. They both seem to be doing so well, though Wendy will have some recovery time. He is a great nurser (is that a word?) already, and is an especially content baby. Even when he's awake, he doesn't cry much - he just looks around. Amazing! I hope he'll stay that laid back! He has brown hair (darker than I remember Slade, Jr.'s or Merri-B's). He didn't open his eyes for me, but it takes time to tell the color anyway. Basically, he's just beautiful! Lucy and Slade, Jr. stopped by for a visit while I was there, so I snapped a few pics, of course.



Yes, I am finally finished! Sorry for switching to sepia so abruptly on all of you, but I was feeling sentimental. I don't think I've ever posted this many pics in one post without opting for a slide show, which is easier. See, Samuel? This is evidence that Jen Jen already loves you! And I do! (P.S. Should the words of this new song cause you to question, I am not a psycho "Hand that Rocks the Cradle" type of friend. I fully realize that this baby is not mine. I simply love this song and find it sweet.:)
3 comments:
Congrats to Slade and Wendy! Samuel is beautiful...as is your whole family!
Precious...Those are all sweet pictures and I'm sure Wendy will appreciate them sooo much!
Please give our love and congratulations to Slade and Wendy. We are so excited for them and their new addition...everyone looks great.
Post a Comment