Friday, August 14, 2009
First Week Back!
Okay, my mood has improved quite a bit since my last post. I still have nausea, but it's off and on. We had a really great week and I felt my selfish irritation melt away. Ya'll must've prayed! Also, God has shifted my thinking so that when I am nauseous I am reminded that it is a sign of strong hormones and a good pregnancy. I can't feel Peanut (that's my current baby name) move yet, so this is my only sign that things are good for now. For that I am thankful! Enough about pregnancy! This was Luke and Leah's first week of school and you moms out there know that getting used to the early morning schedule is a bit tricky. Thankfully, Luke is a morning person. I don't look forward to making Leah get up early, eat, and get dressed next year! I've actually enjoyed having a few minutes of couch-cuddle time with my Luke-a-nator before everyone else is up. I'm so glad he still loves to cuddle with me because he is growing and changing each day, it seems. I was proud and sad at the same time when, on the first day of school, Luke told me that I could just drop him off and didn't have to walk him in. He's not embarrassed of me yet, but he just didn't need me. "I know the way, Mom. See you later!" Isn't it a bit funny how us moms strive to raise competent, independent children yet still want to be needed too? Luke had a great first week as a first grader and enjoyed seeing all of his buddies. He did find the day rather long, though, because he was used to getting out at noon. Leah started her 4-year-old preschool today and was so pumped. She's been bored with Luke in school all day, and was begging to go. She told me that she wanted me to put 5 ponytail holders in her hair today (she always has an opinion about how her hair should be fixed). I said I would try. After putting in ponytail holder number 2, she felt the back of her head and said "Oh yeah! That's pretty! You can stop now! I like how some of it is hanging down." Are girls just born this way? Anyway, I took a picture of her hair because I wanted to be able to remember this about her one day. She's a hoot!


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I've been praying for you! Glad to hear you're feeling better. Your kids look so cute in their little back to school gear. And, yes, you should read "...Potato Peel Pie..." So Good.
Hey Jennifer! I just wanted to drop in and say congratulations on #3! What a blessing- God always knows what we need even when we don't! Your babies are SO precious- Leah's dimples are adorable and of course big brother's blue eyes are so striking. I hope you get to feeling better soon- the second trimester is the fun part, right?
Post a Comment