Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Minute to Win It!

Since we're mostly homebound by Laney-girl, we've had to entertain ourselves in creative ways this summer. We've made forts that covered entire rooms:
IMG_3967
We've put the sprinkler under the trampoline to keep us cool:
IMG_3848
IMG_3853
Played freeze tag and used the little pool as "base":
IMG_3896
IMG_3862
Sadly, we were sometimes "frozen" like this:
IMG_3908
All fun, but probably things you've all thought to do, too. But have you tried to reenact the challenges from "Minute to Win It"? It's a game show where contestants have to complete different challenges in under a minute to move on and win more money. New episodes start again in July. The neat thing is, you can go to their website here and pick some challenges to try at home. You'll find that you have most of the stuff to do them already. Here are some that we did. First, get ready to laugh!
IMG_3955
Ok, this first one is called "Don't Blow the Joker" and the challenge is to blow all of the cards of the deck off of a bottle, leaving only the bottom card, the Joker, on top. None of us (me included) were able to complete this one. The closest I came was 3 cards left and Carley did the best with only 2 cards left.
IMG_3961
Leah had a harder time:
IMG_3962
IMG_3963
We also tried "Loner", where we all successfully knocked down a pencil with a marble. Luke was able to do this one with the least number of marbles.
IMG_4014
IMG_4034
A favorite of the kids was "Face the Cookie". In this challenge, you have to get an Oreo cookie from your forehead to your mouth without using your hands. Let the neighborhood kids in on the fun and you'll keep yourself from eating an entire pack of Oreos! Beware of crumbs in your eye! Nichole and Mandy both thought that their kids' faces were covered in dirt when they came home from my house! Do this one outside. Carley was a pro and could do it over and over!
IMG_4038
IMG_4036
Tyler was the only one able to accomplish "Caddy Stack". I'm glad that he stopped by after work because it sounded so simple, yet seemed impossible to do!
IMG_4041
One challenge that I really do think is impossible is "Defying Gravity". You're supposed to keep 3 balloons off of the ground for a minute, but we couldn't even do it with 2. Let me know if you figure out this one!
IMG_4047
We also completed "Elephant March", but I don't have any pics of that. I should've taken some though. I had my kids, and a few of the neighbors' kids, wearing an old pair of my pantyhose on their heads with a baseball in the foot. Priceless! We have several more on our list to try, so they should keep us busy. I'll definitely have to video this one and this one when we try them. I just don't think a still photo will suffice. Are you up for the challenge?
P.S. The first 7 songs on my playlist now are a dedication to Michael. They're some of his favorites - ya'll enjoy! Unfortunately, some of them are not the best recordings (you'll have to turn up "Southern Cross"). Michael, you're still my favorite and I still love spending time with you!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Looks like such fun! I think it might make for a fun date night or group date night. :)

Jackie said...

Oh. My. I'm laughing so hard right now. Can I come over and play?

brimom19 said...

Hey girl, ya'll have a beautiful family and it looks like lots of fun times there!