Yesterday, I saw that my rear view mirror in my car was gone. The windshield glass is cracked and wires are dangling where the mirror used to be. I searched the car, cleaned it out, and found no sign of the mirror anywhere! My first thought was that Leah and her buddy (who were playing "store" in my car the previous afternoon) accidentally broke it. Then, perhaps, they tossed the mirror somewhere to avoid getting in trouble. I asked Leah if she knew anything, and she said that she didn't. I asked her about a hundred times more in a hundred different ways and she remained clueless. I called her friend's mom and had her ask her daughter, too. Still no answers. I had a few of the neighborhood children canvas the bushes and garage looking for the missing mirror. Still nothing. This morning, Michael and I loaded up our kids (plus a sweet extra one:) to take them to the Waffle House. I reached in my diaper bag to check how much was left in the "Entertainment" envelope of my Dave Ramsey wallet. No wallet. My stomach flipped. My wallet is gone and so is my cell phone. Now it seems most likely that someone had the gall to walk in my garage, get in my car, rip out my mirror, and take my cell phone and wallet! We close our garage at night, but we have a door for entry as well that was left unlocked. I don't know what to think anymore and I don't feel safe in my home. Wouldn't someone have to be quite brazen to go into my car while it's in the garage? Was someone watching me and knew that I had a Tahoe, and they needed that particular mirror? Or is someone being mean and trying to vandalize and steal? I'm sick to my stomach and don't know what to do.
Update: I filed a police report and the policeman said that there were other break-ins in the neighborhood that night. I'll definitely lock up better and am learning to pray instead of worry when I hear noises during the night. My brother thinks that I should finally learn to shoot. Michael has quite an arsenal, but should it be left to me, I'd probably have to throw one of my shoes at a criminal! Today, I'll be reporting stolen checks and cancelling my cell phone. I'm toying with the idea of not having a cell phone for a few months to see if I can live without it and save that money. What do you think? I'm grateful that the "bad guy" (as Leah puts it) stayed out of my home and we were all safe. God is good! All the time!
3 comments:
That is terrifying! I'm glad that everything else was left alone!
Me too! Thanks Lisa!
Oh no! That's terrible.
Post a Comment