
Tell me that you all already have one! If you don't, you can go to swiffer.com and have them send you a $5 off coupon. However, if you have as much grass/dust/food crumbs as I do in my house, you may just want to run to the store and get one right now. You may have to bury me with mine in case Jesus wants me to do a little cleaning up for him! Second, I really love birds. I have them all over my house, from the office, to the living room, to the nursery. I always buy them in pairs because no bird wants to be alone. Once, in an antique store, a sweet lady told me that men could look at a pair of decorative birds when they came home to see what to expect from their bride that night. If the birds were facing each other, bring it on big fella! If the birds had their tails together, steer clear of the lady with the PMS. Too funny, and another great reason to have some birds in your house! Like a little gift from God, a little red bird has laid three speckled eggs in the rose topiary by my front door. She is the ever-dutiful mother and I am waiting breathlessly for them to hatch! I'd also really love to get this precious bird rattle for Laney-girl. It's made by Bla Bla (and I love everything they make too).

Another random thing I love is junk drawer organizers. I also use silverware caddies to organize drawers. Those work well in the bathroom, where you have lots of bigger things like tubes of toothpaste and combs. You can find them at Wal-mart for under $10. Seriously, if you have drawers packed with tiny things that you can never find when you actually need them, you must get a few. I'm not a very organized person naturally, but it makes me feel all warm and cozy inside when I think about a neat drawer. It is truly cheap happiness for only $10.
Similarly, I love this stair basket from Ballard Designs. Not as cheap though; it's priced at $39. Still, it's a great gathering place for all of my junk that needs to be toted upstairs. Plus, the kids can help pick up when you have one. Always a plus!
Jumping to another endorsement: Huggies new, improved diapers! I was a die-hard Pampers gal with my other two babies, mostly because they are super soft. However, I had to try Huggies again when they claimed that they had improved the waistband to keep in poopie leaks. You all know the kind of leaks I'm talking about. They're the all-over, up-the-back, oh-no-not-again, i-just-changed-your-outfit, it's-all-over-the-carseat-too-and-we're-in-the-middle-of-Target, kind of leaks. Laney has been the queen of poo disasters and I am now officially in love with Huggies and everyone who has anything to do with them. We have field-tested these new diapers in the roughest of environments and they have stood the test. And have you seen this new jean design they've come up with? Too funny!

Next, I am in love with Walmart's site-to-store shipping. I have a love/hate relationship with Walmart, but this is one aspect that I love. Do you know how many cheap and wonderful things that Walmart sells? I bought some chaise cushions this year at a fraction of the cost of cushions anywhere else with free shipping! And if you want to, you can return items at the store! No wasted money with return shipping. I also recently bought a $15 bathing suit from Walmart, per sweet Darby's recommendation. It's not only cheap, but quite fabulous, and stood up to the tubing-with-toddlers test last weekend. Love it! So, while I may not be willing to grocery-shop at Walmart anymore, they have my vote for online shopping. Here are the chaise cushions, along with some beautiful children playing freeze-tag.
Now, to end on a sweet note, I'm also endorsing McDonald's snack-size McFlurry. You can choose from Reese's, M and M's, or Oreo. And the best part is....they're only $1 each! Now, you can't beat that for a summertime treat, people! We don't have a DQ, so this is as close to a blizzard as I'm gonna get. Here's Leah enjoying hers.

And because I can't resist giving you a little taste of Laney, too, here's what I get to enjoy each day. Oh my, what a sweetie she is!

3 comments:
ok - that has to be the cutest baby ever. Going to be in Fairhope a couple of days this week - sure would love to get my hands on her!!! Does that Swiffer Vac work on carpet and hardwoods, etc.?
Love your favorite things...Although I am sleeping very little these days, I had a dream you and I invited ourselves to Italy with Darby and Erika. I was about to purchase my ticket when we came to our senses. Realizing that we didn't have anyone to care for our children and of course that we have never laid eyes on Darby and Erika in real life, we thankfully cancelled our tickets.
chris, the swiffer vac is for hardwood floors. i would love to see you; give me a ring: 928-9671! melanie, too funny! wasn't the description of their trip to italy enough to make you want to hide in one of their suitcases!? guess we'll have to stick to dreaming...or living vicariously through their blog posts:)
Post a Comment