Remember those teachers on Charlie Brown? That's what Jillian Michael's voice is to me now: "We are changing the shape of your body = Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah". (Actually, I kind of think they sounded more like "wah, wah, wah", but you get the idea). I have successfully finished week one and started week two of "Get Fit!". And there is no change to speak of. Okay, I take that back. I have actually gained 1/2 of a pound and grown 1/2 of an inch in my waistline. Just a bit discouraging. I was expecting some weight gain at first, but the larger waistline just chaps my hide! Can you tell that I altogether lack patience? Even after my weekly measuring, I still got on the treadmill and did the workout, with my bottom lip stuck out in a "woe is me" pout. That's still progress, right? And even though I started out a bit dejected, I felt good by the time that I finished. So I may never look more fit, but I may feel more fit! I'm writing about this because it's a bit therapeutic to type about it, and it keeps me accountable so that I won't give up. So I will trudge on, and Jillian Michaels will drone on: "Blah, blah, blah..." And I'll try not to complain too terribly much!
P.S. Leah has started exercising too, when I get off the treadmill. She's learned how to start it, stop it, and increase the speed. She plods along in a bikini top (her version of the sports bra) and some mismatched pants. She makes me laugh as she imitates me breathing hard and then gets off to stretch after a few minutes. Gotta love it!
2 comments:
You're an inspiration! I have Jillian's "30 Day Shred"...and I've yet to make it past day two! You give me hope! I'll let you know when I get to day three!
My body is under new management right now!! So far so good!! Don't be discouraged!! I'm trying not to let the hunger get the best of me!!!
Post a Comment