



The title of this post was Luke's assessment of the holiday after a full day and night of activities. The kids had such a great week of fun and I'm officially pooped! We had a Reformation Celebration Thursday night at Luke's school, where the kids dressed as Biblical characters or in Renaissance garb. Costume #1 and #2 for me to come up with. Luke had a bug party Friday morning with his kindergarten class, where he was a Tiger Beetle. Costume # 3. Leah also had a party with her preschool class where she went as a shiny, pink version of Batgirl. Yes, that's Costume #4. Finally, Luke was Batman for trick-or-treating Friday night, which brings the count to 5! Thankfully, Leah wore the Batgirl again Friday night. In case you are wondering how this killed our bank account, we improvised on all except the Batman and Batgirl, which we bought. I'm tired, but wouldn't change a thing. We trick-or-treated with a herd of children and parents from the neighborhood. I was thankful for the herd because Leah and I could not keep up with Luke. He was wrapped up in the joyful frenzy of collecting as much free candy as possible, running through the dark with his buddies. When else do you get to do that? When I finally caught up with him and glued him to my side, we travelled to Christy and Jason's house for hot dogs. So nice, and vital to level out our blood sugar levels! Thanks y'all! Nichole and I pitched a last-minute attempt at costumes and she wore a red wig to be me and I wore a brunette one. My award for the best costume goes to Charlie Finnamore. She was the tiniest vampire I've ever seen and enjoyed scaring people around the 'hood. Love it! Carley as Cleopatra was definately the prettiest! What fun!
2 comments:
I'm so glad Luke had the best halloween ever and could Batgirl be any cuter?? I just LOVE her dimples!! How do you ever tell her no?
I think NIchole makes a great you!! Miss you guys!! Glad all the kiddos had a great time! Hate that I didn't get to see the kids in their bug costumes!! See you soon!!
Post a Comment