Thursday, October 23, 2008
The Things They Say...
Leah makes me laugh with the things she says! I wanted to take a quick minute and write a couple before they left me. The other day, I was wiggling and dancing around to get into my jeans and Leah asked "Mom, what are you doing?" "Just trying to get into my jeans, baby" was my answer. Leah looked thoughtful and said "Maybe your hiney's getting bigga!" as she gave me a thumbs up. "Good job!" she added. To her, growth (no matter how or where) is an accomplishment. This morning, she asked who was going to have a birthday. I told her that mine was next and asked her what she was going to give me. My mind thinks: flowers from outside, a card that she made... As I wait for her sweet idea, she says "toothpaste". "You want to get me toothpaste?" I ask. She smiles at me and adds "and gum." That's how a 3-year-old tells you that your breath reeks! I just cracked up and she flashed me a sideways smile, complete with the dimples that melt me every time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh, how adorable!! The things our kids say are hilarious aren't they? Thanks for your comment on my blog! I really have missed you! I'm sorry I haven't taken more of an initiative to keep up our friendship. Like you and April said, it's hard, but you have to make the effort and I intend to do more of that. So...let's set a date! Come over for coffee at your earliest convenience!!:) My schedule is wide open for the most part. Looking forward to catching up,
Beth
I am laughing out loud at "your hiney's getting bigga."
Post a Comment