With Good Friday a day behind us, and Easter a day ahead, I thought that I'd share a few thoughts from Michael. My kiddos were rummaging this week (like they always do) and found some old index cards that Michael made for me during our college days. I told them that they found treasure! I haven't read them in years, and loved reading over them again. They were written when we were friends/occasional daters, long before we exchanged "I love you"'s. Hope you love the quotes as much as I do!
First card: "Dear Jen, I just wanted to share with you these quotes on Christ's righteousness for believers. These quotes have helped me to have a better understanding of just the awesome freedom God gave us in Christ. Take one a day with you and meditate on the life-changing truths in these quotations. I hope you're feeling better and I'll continue to pray for you. Your brother in Christ, Michael."
Other cards:
"When the Lord Jesus Christ...had our sins laid upon Him, He did give more perfect satisfaction unto divine justice for our sins than if all of us had been damned in hell unto all eternity." William Bridge
"For God does not want to save us by our own righteousness, but by an extraneous righteousness, one that does not originate in ourselves, but comes to us from beyond ourselves, which does not arise on earth, but comes from heaven." Martin Luther
"This righteousness is the righteousness of God and altogether independent of any obedience of man to the law, more or less. As the righteousness of God is the perfect fullfillment which the law demands, it is evidently impossible that any other righteousness or obedience can be added to it or mixed up." Robert Haldanc
"He hideth our unrighteousness with his righteousness. He covereth our disobedience with his obedience. He shadoweth our death with his death, that the wrath of God cannot find us." Henry Smith
"Upon a life I did not live, upon a death I did not die; another's life, another's death, I stake my whole eternity." Horatius Bonar
"Our answer to the devil's charge is not an alibi, but a plea of guilty and a claim that the demands of justice have been satisfied in the blood of the Lord Jesus Christ." J. Russell Howden
May our hearts well over with gratefulness as we look at the cross! May our mouths shout with joy as we see the empty tomb, and claim the victory that is ours through Christ!
2 comments:
How special! They truly are treasures and a testimony to God's work in both of your lives. You should frame them and have them serve as a reminder of the wonderful man God chose for you and a representation for your daughters of qualities to look for in a man.
Beautiful, encouraging, and so special. Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment