
Well, I haven't been as faithful a blogger as I used to be. I really don't even check my email as faithfully as pre-baby. Much has changed, and I feel as if I'm juggling too many balls right now! Or too many children! I even braved a trip to Walmart on Monday with all three kids. Insanity! I felt as if I'd been beaten by the time I came home. If I ever have to do that again, I may be like a child that doesn't want to bend over and accept my punishment. I was always a runner when spankings were being given out as a child. I will be avoiding Walmart in a similar fashion. Anyway, I actually had some good news to share, so I thought I'd take the time to upload a thing or two. Really, that's what I haven't had the time to do. And I do love blogging; it's like a journal to me. Here's our newest good news: Leah can ride her bike without training wheels! Here's a little video of her accomplishment. You may have to pause the playlist first to hear the audio. Warning: my voice is obnoxiously loud!
I love my determined girl's responses to me. Me: "You can do it!" Leah: "I can do it...I'm already doing it!" I also barely caught the bow at the end. I had stopped recording, but pushed it again quickly when I saw what she was doing. God definitely broke the mold when he made her! She was so proud. Did you take note of her get-up? She's wearing a bathing suit (her favorite attire), with the top on backwards and mismatched bottoms. She's wearing flip flops and her unkempt hair adds a bit of charm. She altogether looks as if she doesn't have parents. Oh my! Right after I filmed her first rides on the bike, we went inside to put on jeans to protect her war-torn legs. They were quite bruised and battered from her attempts. To her dismay, I also made her put on tennis shoes and socks (true torture in Leah's world). My next-door neighbor said that she needed a helmet, too. We do own helmets. However, I can't even seem to keep shoes on this child, so I'm not holding my breath on the helmet thing. I do love her lovely spirit though. Ellen Adamson saw her at the ballpark the other day and said that she reminded her of Punky Brewster. I thought that the comparison was right on. I used to love that show; didn't you? I hope to upload some Easter pictures soon, but don't have time now - I hear a Laney-girl waking up. Ta-ta!
5 comments:
So proud of Leah! What a big girl. Glad your alive over there. We would love to see ya'll. I think our sickness was a 24hr thing. Call me when you can.
That's awesome! She seems to have so much fun, positive energy!!
The cartoon is dead on! Our lives have been totally rocked by these 3 girls and all Jeremy and I can do is hang on!!
Leah is precious!! I could eat her on a piece of toast! It's so much fun and exhausting :) to have a child with so much personality! At least that's what I tell myself :)
Love it! I think Leah and I would be good friends. ;)
That little tart! I'm so proud of her! She is one more determined girl, just like her mama. When she puts her mind to something, she does it. Oh, how I wish I was like you two!
Post a Comment