
Here are the chairs again, this time made much more beautiful by sweet girls in dress-up clothes.

It makes me laugh that girls seem to sense when I'm taking pictures and want to be the subject(s) of a few. I can't resist posting this one, too.

Okay, at this rate, I may never finish! Here is the bird mobile that I made that was almost the death of me! The pattern for the birds is free from Spool Sewing, and I made the birds from scraps that I had. I already had the branches too, so it was a project without cost! I have to be honest, though -- it did almost whoop me! I struggled to get the birds to perch and not flop over. A bird mobile with dead birds was not exactly what I was aiming for. Hot glue and rice in the belly of the bottom bird to balance it out was what saved me in the end. Should you consider making one, ask me for tips first so that you can avoid frustration. I do love the collected, quilt-like feeling this group of birds gives me. Does that make any sense?



By the sweet little chairs is an owl picture that I purchased from etsy. The seller painted it custom for me for only $48. She had one listed that was suitable for a boy's room, and changed it up for me a bit. If you haven't browsed etsy before, you need to. It's jam-packed with handmade items that are amazing. Above this owl picture, I'm going to frame a picture of the three kiddos together, once this newest nugget arrives.

Here is the dresser that you saw Michael painting in an earlier post.

And across the room is this lower dresser that I'm using as a changing table. This is a piece that I hope to keep for a long time, either in her room or elsewhere. I simply love the chunkiness, and subtle curves of empire antique furniture. I think that changing tables are a waste of money (not to offend you peeps that love yours:), because they serve no purpose later. So, for each of my kids, I have instead purchased dressers that were the right height for changing diapers, but that they could keep and take with them one day when they start their own homes. By the way, we have not decided that Ali will be her name. I was just trying it out.

Don't you just love those vintage wallpaper letters, though? They're from Land of Nod, and they're only $2.95 each. I will be getting the letters I need once I name her! I think they would make a nice shower gift that I could buy for a friend, too.

I found this wood/root basket at Southeastern Salvage in Mobile. I love to go and treasure hunt there. These can be kind of costly if you buy them from one of those fancy Napa Valley catalogs.

I switched out the manly fan that was in this room with a shell chandelier that is more feminine. I scored on this at World Market, because they had a sign saying that it was $19.99. It is normally $69.99, but was mistagged. The manager gave it to me for the lower price! Can I get a "Whoop! Whoop!"? My sweet father hung it for me when he was here for Christmas. Luke reminded me that I needed to cover the cord with fabric. I'll have to apologize to his wife one day for the fact that he even thinks that way!

Finally, the crib and the wall with the tree. I made the crib sheet and skirt and paid someone to make the bumper this time. I really wanted a box cushion for the bumper, but knew that it would be the end of me if I tried to make it. My Brother sewing machine jams on all those layers of piping, ties, and batting and I have come close to throwing it out the window each time I've made a crib bumper. The lady at Bitty Baby Designs in Mobile did a super job on the bumper and charged me only $126 (which is a deal for a box cushion). She even picked up my fabric from my home and delivered the finished product, too. Rock on! She doesn't have a website, but you can reach her at (251)450-5043. She gets a beaming recommendation from me, and is cheaper if you pick a less complicated bumper to make. I ended up ordering my vinyl tree from China, from a seller on Ebay. It took longer to receive, but was $65 instead of the one I found in the U.S. for $175. Let me know if you want his name, because his communication was great and I was very pleased.




Whew! You made it! Now that her room is ready, I may need to get the carseat set up and pack a hospital bag. I found out today that she is head down (hallelujah!), and that I am 2-3 centimeters. I still think I have about 2 weeks left, but the doc told me to be prepared. We'll be meeting her soon!
11 comments:
Love, love, love everything about your nursery! It's so inviting, creative, interesting, and warm! It sounds like the best part is going to be in place very soon! Excited for you!!
I LOVE it!!! It is absolutely beautiful!!! Oh...and by the way, you don't even look like you are pregnant in the picture of the mirror!
That is soooo beautiful! You really do have amazing talent when it comes to decorating! So excited that you'll be holding your little one soon. Can't wait to hear the name!
Breathtaking! You have some serious decorating talent. And the bird mobile...so charming. Love it!
I love it everytime I see it! It truly looks like something out of an designer magazine, yet so inviting and comfy looking! She will be sleeping in that precious bed in no time soon!
You did it again! Love your creative ideas...especially the bird mobile. I eyed one for SJ...never thought of making it myself!
Oh Jennifer, this room is so beautiful!! What a great job you did, I am so impressed. Now do you want to come finish off my nursery? :-)
I'm so happy for you guys and hope the next few weeks go really smoothly. Can't wait to meet the new little one!
okay Erika, I mean, Jennifer you definitely get a "whoop, whoop" from me!!! Love the gold crib, love the decal on the wall, love the bird mobile, love the fabric selections!!! love it, Love It, LOVE IT!!!
Is it bad that I want to curl up in the crib and rub my face all over the bumper?? Looks sooo comfy! :)
Can't wait to hear what Sunshine's name is!!
A-MAZE-ING! You are SO TALENTED! I love your taste- love the furniture (I also don't buy changing tables) and love the bumper and all the fabrics- you really have an eye for decorating! Excited to see the newest Werneth!
It really is crazy how non-pregnant you look. I am so jealous. The baby girl's room is gorgeous just as I expected.
Oh, it's so beautiful. I would want to stay in there all day. Enjoy!
Post a Comment