
The skin under his eyes is almost purple from blowing so hard! I cracked up laughing at him, so he had to see the picture and started laughing too. I couldn't help but think how his face must've resembled mine when I tried to push his big-headed self out of my body 7 years ago! I pushed for 3 hours and began to wonder if my head might actually explode. I thought that it was a real possibility. Thank the good Lord that Leah had a tiny pea-head! Let's all pray now that this baby has a pea-head too............................Amen! After emptying a few eggs, we painted them and put them in a little nest for later. As you can tell, we didn't do very many because blowing eggs began to give us headaches.


After we finished, we did this:

Yes, I'm not the only crazy one in this house! And when we're bored, watch out! That same day, the kids and I had a picnic and we made some tiny cakes in Leah's Easy-Bake oven. Still, my kids had the gall to tell me that they were bored! Seriously? Do your kids say that?! Moving on...here's the other tiny house project that I alluded to in my previous post. The before:

The lamps are from Fred's (purchased some 10 years ago), and had a bead trim that I cut off. They still drove me bonkers. I don't like them anymore, but the gold lamps, against the gold frame, against the gold walls, really made me insane. If I had extra money lying around, I would buy some turned wood lamps like these:

But, alas, I do not have a money tree! So, I spray-painted my lamps gray, then cream, and sanded them a bit. I bargain-shopped for some linen shades for the lamps, and put slipcovers on the parsons chairs to cover up the dark, grandma-ish, rose-patterned fabric. I wanted to cover them in an ivory linen, but the pattern of the fabric showed through. So, I went with this ivory stripe fabric that was thicker and covered well. Now I can live with this little spot for a while more. Should you see some cheap, turned-wood lamps at a yard sale, though, you should still call me! Here's the after:

It's not a huge difference, but it satisfies me. I would like to get a picture light to shine on this painting (the one and only REAL painting in my home). It was a gift from Michael's mom and dad many Christmas's ago, and I love it. And it's old, which I love too. What do you think that this lady is thinking about, anyway?

My guess is, "Geez, it takes water so long to boil! And I still have laundry to do, too!" And can you believe that they had birkenstocks 150 years ago? :) So that I won't be posting entirely about my insane nesting, I'll leave you with a hymn that we sang this morning that I love, love, love! I need to print this one to add to my book of favorites. I love reading hymns and then praying the words back to God. Hope you love it, too!
How Deep the Father's Love for Us
How deep the Father's love for us
How vast beyond all measure
That He should give His only Son
And make a wretch His treasure
How great the pain of searing loss
The Father turns His face away
As wounds which mar the Chosen One
Bring many sons to glory
Behold the man upon the cross
My sin upon His shoulder
Ashamed I hear my mocking voice
Call out among the scoffers
It was my sin that held Him there
Until it was accomplished
His dying breath has brought me life
I know that it is finished
I will not boast in anything
No gifts, no power, no wisdom
But I will boast in Jesus Christ
His death and resurrection
Why should I gain from His reward
I cannot give an answer
But this I know with all my heart
His wounds have paid my ransom
Why should I gain from His reward
I cannot give an answer
But this I know with all my heart
His wounds have paid my ransom
Aren't the words beautifully rich? Beware, once this song ends, that "Crazy" one will come on next, and the contrast is a bit shocking. I do suppose that I'm a walking contradiction, but I actually like both!
5 comments:
Your energy and enthusiasm amaze me! Please pass some my way. Love the makeover of the lamps and chairs. So fun! Can't wait to see your nursery!
Looks good Jennifer! I wondered what you have been up to.
I love the lamps and slipcovers! Whenever you run out of things to do over there, remember, I am only a few houses down!
Go Jennifer! Seriously, where DO you get the energy? And I love these lyrics. I also like Crazy, too. That doesn't make you a walking contradiction. It just means you are a multi-faceted gem that shines differently depending on how you're held up to the light. ;)
You are so funny. I love the up close pic of the woman. I love that you pointed out her birkenstocks. I laughed out loud when I read that. And the lamps look great. I really think I would rather make something old pretty again than buy something new and pretty. It fuels me to do something creative. Good for you.
Post a Comment