Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Full-On Nesting

I'm officially turning into a crazy person. Okay, maybe I already was one, but now I'm crazy on a mission! I really haven't done much for the nursery, because I had Christmas to think about and two rounds of company over the holidays. Now that it's the new year, I realize that I have very little time left! And I want to simply snap my fingers and get everything in the entire house fixed and ready! The projects include the nursery, but so many other things are bothering me now, too. Case in point: the caulk with mildew behind it in our shower that is impossible to clean. No amount of scrubbing or bleach will get to it and it needs to be re-caulked. Michael says that he doesn't know why it bothers me so much. I'll let you consider whether you could stand this:
IMG_3217
I cannot! So I bought the necessary supplies and added it to the honey-do list. And the bushes need trimming (done!), and the dresser needs painting (kind-of started!). Here's Michael starting on the dresser. I do believe that there's a grimace behind that mask.
IMG_3209
He's also started on the crib. Thanks Lori and Wil for loaning us the crib!
IMG_3208
We do actually have the rocker done. I found fabric on clearance at RichTex that was marked to $5.00 a yard and then an additional 30% off. Yay, yay, super yay! Cheap redos make me so happy! In case you forgot, click here for the before pic. Didn't it turn out cute?
IMG_3213
I am also working on another little area in my house that has bothered me for some time now. I'll post a before and after when I'm done. I did fix my broken laptop (that Leah spilled a drink on). Best Buy wanted to charge me $400 to fix it, and my laptop's not even worth that. Thankfully, my stepmom Jeannine told me that I could order the keyboard and do it myself. I shopped the internet until I found the part for $40. That's ten times less! Crazy! I used a screwdriver to pry out the old keyboard and wa-la! Fixed laptop. One more project down!
IMG_3225
IMG_3226
I've also got the crib bedding done, but I don't want to post a pic until I can put it on the crib. Nichole helped me out by giving me some liner so that I could knock out the cribskirt this weekend. I didn't feel like getting out in the cold to go to the fabric store, so I was so glad she had some. She even included free delivery! Look at these adorable delivery boys!

Making the baby some burp cloths is on my to-do list now. Beware, if you start working on lots of projects at once, this might happen:
IMG_3206
I was busy working on something, when my children wanted to be fed. (How dare they, eh?:) I put these hotdogs on the grill, and remembered them much, much later. Whoops! The laundry is also forming mountains in our bedroom as I focus on these other tasks. Hopefully, I'll be able to post a nursery pic soon and it will all be worth it! I have many more projects to do in there, so it might be a while. Stay tuned, though, because my vision for the room is starting to come together. Here's a taste - the main fabric of the bedding:
babyfabric
Oh, and doesn't this song make you want to stand up and shake what your momma gave ya? It does me! Be back soon!

10 comments:

Scarlett said...

Love the pic of the delivery boys! I can't wait to see the nursery! And yes, you ARE nesting!

Melanie said...

Love the post, so funny. The music was awesome too, I love that song! Those delivery boys are cute.

Jackie said...

I'm dancing along to the song right now...in my office. People around here wonder about me sometimes. Oooh, and I love, love, love the chair. You've got some serious refurbishing skillz. That's right, skillz with a z.

Emily Chappell said...

Love the chair. Love the fabric. And after thinking about it a lot (seriously) I think her name should be Annie. Annie Werneth is just so cute!

April Brown said...

oh, Jennifer...that pillow, that pillow, that pillow!!! I cannot wait to see the finished nursery...i'm sure it will be nothing less than perfection, as is the rest of your house!!!

Totally agree...life is too busy when your trying to get ready for Baby _______. Oh well, there's no sense crying over burnt weinies (or is it spilt milk, i forget!) :)

love you, girl!!!

Cindy said...

Love the chair, love the fabric, love the song, and love the burnt weenies!!!

Dawn said...

The grout would bother me, too...but I like my hot dogs burned, so no beef (ha) there.

The McNeills said...

Can't wait to see the nursery. And hear the baby name. Any hints?

Jennifer Werneth said...

jenny, we're still waivering on the name - mostly between alice (ali) or evelyn (evie). i still love molly kathryn too, but michael says the name molly like foghorn "mooooollll-eeeee". he says it in a way that's depressing, though it's very cheery to me. his fav. is still annie, but i have my own traumatic name calling issues to deal with there! see? we have no idea!

Hope Atchison said...

Jenn, the chair turned out so great!! I can't wait to see the entire room. Thank you for your sweet card...I hope you know how thankful I am for you! Do you think you might have some time to take a break from nesting tomorrow and talk to me on the phone when I call?? :)
The girls went to my parents so I have a lot of UN-interupted time!!