Sunday, December 27, 2009
More Loss
I'm unfortunately sharing some sad news. I just got the phone call that my dear childhood friend, Karen, lost her dad. He's been fighting cancer over the course of the last year. I can't remember a time when I wished so badly that I still lived in Lakeland. I wish that I could just run down to my friend's house and be there with her. I especially wish that I could've gotten a chance to talk to him in person. There's actually a letter sitting in my mailbox now that I wrote last night to Doo-Da (that's what I've always called Mr. Rochelle). I forgot that it was Sunday, so it's still sitting there, never to be read by him. I put a few old pictures in there for him, but I scanned them first, so that I would still have them too. I guess I'm typing because I can't do anything else right now, and there's nothing I can do to help. I'm just sad. Please pray for my friend Karen, her mom, brother and sister. Here's a pic of my Doo-Da, who always made me feel that his home was my home, too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh Jennifer,
My heart goes out to you and especially your friend and her family. I am praying for you and their famiy. Love you, Lauren
Jennifer, so sorry to hear about your loss. I know these times can make it hard to be away from home. What a blessing to have so many people so dear to you. I will pray for comfort for you and for your friend and her family.
Post a Comment