
Luke tried to block a pass...

...but was unsuccessful!

Luke wore Holden's sweatbands on his wrists the entire visit, because the boys thought they would keep him from injuring a wrist. Can you tell from his face that he's highly competitive?

The girls played so well together, and I think they pulled out every toy and piece of clothing they could find. I enjoyed getting to love on Elley-bell. Can you see why?

This is them praising the Lord with joyful hearts. Okay, actually they were celebrating Mary Helen being put down for a nap, because she would no longer be able to swipe their baby dolls. Perhaps not as sweet a picture when you know the true cause for their jubilation.

They did include Mary Helen some of the time, though. They even let her sit with them under the umbrella that was meant to shield them from the cold wind. Now that's sweet!

I personally would have eaten this little nugget with a spoon, were that physically possible. She has changed so much since I last saw her, and was talking up a storm. I think that my heart grew a little each time that she said "Jen Jen."

The girls jumped...

...and jumped some more!

It seemed to me that the country would suit Leah perfectly. Her free spirit loves being allowed to roam!

Billy took each kid for a ride on his tractor. Do you see how large the wheels are? Billy is definitely in his element when he's pushing around dirt in this puppy.

Do you see the view that they get to enjoy each day? It is just so peaceful out there; you may need to visit yourself! Hope and I just sat on chairs and watched everyone play (but I don't have a pic of that). So here's another one of the tractor (and the view).

We also took the kids to the Aquatic Center in Cullman, which is mega cool. I was, however, too lazy to take pics at that point. After visiting that Sunday, the kids and I headed to a hotel for a vacay in Birmingham. My kids get sooooo excited about staying in hotels. You would've thought we were going to an amusement park. Maybe it's the elevators and vending machines. Or the PBS...

I took the kids to the BMX trail at Oak Mountain, but Luke seemed to enjoy running the track more than riding it on his bike this time. Really cool place, but it wasn't the same without his buddies to race with.

We then went to the Birmingham zoo, and had a great day. The weather was sunny and cold, which is perfect to me if you're going to walk around a zoo. I am beginning to feel large already, so I was comforted by this "big is beautiful" lady.

The coolest part of the zoo (to me) was feeding these birds (whose species I can't recall). Leah was the only one brave enough to hold the nectar. Luke saw them swarming a person before us and opted out. They were beautiful, and not afraid of us at all!

Overall, we had a great time together! I'm excited about this new addition, but also relishing the time I have with Luke and Leah before the baby makes us less mobile. Here we are in the zoo photo booth.

Okay, that was the trip! Are you tired too? Now for just a couple of Halloween pics. Leah was Sleeping Beauty and Luke was an Alabama Football Player (no surprise there).

Nichole and I were Velma and Daphne from Scooby Doo. (I was the knocked-up version of Daphne:). We couldn't get our husbands to dress up with us. Party poopers! But we had fun, and the kids loved us in costume!

That was October! I'll try to keep the number of pics down in November, but I'm not promising anything. Oh, and I did get the rocker for the baby's room recovered. It's precious! I'll post nursery plans later!
4 comments:
Fun times...precious kids...love Daphne and Velma, even without Fred and Barney!
I meant Fred and Shaggy...too much Halloween chocolate! Oh well, yabba dabba doo anyway!!
your kids are precious! and congrats on the new little chica in your tummy!! yay!
Aww, good times with good friends. Priceless. And LOVE the Daphne and Velma costumes. Awesome!
Post a Comment