
We're expecting another little girl, and here's the proof (nevermind that it may be grossly inappropriate to post such a picture!):

I do feel slightly wrong including that pic, but oh well! Sorry, baby girl Werneth! It was such a joy to see her today, yawning and stretching! Her heart, head, spine (and million of other things that they check) were just perfect! Luke and Leah enjoyed getting to see her too, and there was no sadness on the part of big brother. I prayed that they would be thankful, either way. I do think that she may have my nose, though it's too soon to tell, I know. Do you see how it seems to flip up a bit at the end? Hmmmmm? Okay, I see it! I love this part of the pregnancy, when I'm feeling better and can enjoy the excitement of the preparations. And by preparations, I do mean buying fabric! Sweet Melanie Malone found a rocker for me at an estate sale this weekend for only $10! So awesome! Thanks Mel! Having it recovered will probably be my first project. Here's a pic to get your mouth watering...

Do you have a vision of what it could be? I'm torn between going neutral and having a chair to put elsewhere someday, or having fun and picking something pink! What do you think I should do? I am also open to name suggestions! Michael and I have discussed names previously, but do not like the ones that the other one likes. Did that make any sense? Anyway, we could use some help! We like simple and classic (fitting in with Luke and Leah). I'd rather not another "L" name, because it seems a bit cheesy to me. Michael thinks that would be cute. See, we don't agree on that either! I do want to find one that we both love! One argument that I have avoided by having a girl is over nursery bedding. Michael wanted camouflage for a boy! Oh yes, folks, I am not even kidding! Anyway, name suggestions are welcome and I may even ask for a vote later on! Be thinking for me! I will end with a poem about a mother to stir your baby-loving hearts! I stole it from another blogger a while ago, but can't remember whom. Sorry, whomever! I may have to print and frame it to hang by my rocker. Enjoy!
Mother, O Mother, come shake out your cloth,
Empty the dustpan, poison the moth,
Hang out the washing, make up the bed,
Sew on a button and butter the bread.
Where is the mother whose house is so shocking?
She's up in the nursery, blissfully rocking.
Oh, I've grown as shiftless as Little Boy Blue,
Lullabye, rockabye, lullabye loo.
Dishes are waiting and bills are past due
Pat-a-cake, darling, and peek, peekaboo
The shopping's not done and there's nothing for stew
And out in the yard there's a hullabaloo
But I'm playing Kanga and this is my Roo
Look! Aren't [her] eyes the most wonderful hue?
Lullabye, rockaby lullabye loo.
The cleaning and scrubbing can wait till tomorrow
But children grow up as I've learned to my sorrow.
So quiet down cobwebs; Dust go to sleep!
I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep.
-Ruth Hulburt Hamilton
5 comments:
Ooooh, that chair looks comfy with tons of potential. I say, go for pink! You can always re-cover again later. And baby names?? This'll be fun. Here are a few to throw in the mix. Tess, Emma, Jane, Olivia...just off the top of my head.
I vote for a cute, funky pink pattern. So sweet and you'll enjoy it every time you walk in the room! You can always re-cover it later, right? As for names, my top 3 girls names are Hannah Lynne, Grace Elisabeth and Claire Rebecca (obviously). :) But if I have another girl one day... (and if I wanted an L name)... I like Lily.
I am sooo excited for ya'll! Girls sure are sweet! I love the chair too!
Hooray for little girls!!! I am somewhat jealous of your rocker. I can def. see the potential. I also vote for some fun fabric! with contrasting cording!!
As for names.. how about Emily Claire? :)
I think you should do a fun stripe that coordinates with the nursery but could also be in her room as she gets older. I will be in Fairhope Dec 22-25. Are you guys going to be in town?
by the way, i got my scarf at Gap. Last time I went it was on sale. You should go check:-)
Post a Comment