Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Birthday Boy!

IMG_2651
Oh, how I love that boy! Luke turned 7 yesterday (what!?), so I wanted to do a post for him. I've found it increasingly difficult to blog, now that school has started. Shouldn't I have more time, not less? Anyway, back to Luke! He is such a gift to me and our family. He is sweet and considerate and truly cares about others. He also loves God and asks to hear "God stories" before going to bed. At church on Sunday, we sang a few songs that he knew and I loved hearing him sing along. We sang "Days of Elijah" and he sang quietly. I thought Leah might break into dancing in the aisle (she would've if we were home). Then we sang "Indescribable", which is one of Luke's favorites. His voice melted my heart as it got louder during the chorus: "...You placed the stars in the sky and You know them by name! You are amazing, God!" I sang quietly so that I could hear him better, and thought that there couldn't be any sweeter sound on earth! Okay, enough sappiness! I'm posting a few pics of him because he does like to see himself on the blog. I may also have to post one of Leah's drawings soon because she was jealous of Luke's drawing on the "be-pooter". Check back for more baby news soon!
IMG_2661
IMG_2641

3 comments:

The McNeills said...

Great pictures! I love Leah's little face there! That is such a Mike face! I hope you're feeling well. btw, here's my new blog address (just wanted to take our last name out of it.) Take care!

Jackie said...

Aww, what a sweet little fella! Love the pictures. In my church there is a family with 3 little girls that sit over to the side every week. And they like to twirl during worship. If only we could all be so free.

Cindy said...

I got chills reading your description of Luke's singing. What a sweet blessing he is! And I remember Katherine dancing around during morning meeting at Bayshore. You go, Leah!!