Saturday, June 27, 2009

Sushi Report

Well, we had a lovely date night (thanks to Michael's parents for keeping our kids overnight!:). The new sushi place in Fairhope (Master Joe's) gets the full Werneth recommendation. Super yummy! Michael started with a seaweed salad and I chose a squid salad (it's not on the menu, but they have it), both of which were quite good. We then ordered two rolls each (we are pigs, I know). Michael ordered the Red Rose and something else that I can't remember that was my favorite of his. That helps alot, doesn't it?! The one I loved of his was actually wrapped in cucumber instead of rice and was really light and crisp. I'll try to get the name of that roll to y'all one day. I ordered the tempura shrimp (no great surprise there) and the Titanic. Both were delicious in their own way. The titanic is a big roll (no great surprise there either), but I managed to eat it all. It's hard to eat a bite of that puppy and then chew with your mouth closed, because the roll is full of shrimp, crab and avocado and then has another layer of crab on the outside of the rice. Is your mouth watering yet? In preparation for our date night, I did finish folding the laundry and even showered and fixed my hair. Let's be honest, no hair fixing was done during VBS week! I then donned a sexy shirt, non-mommyish jeans and heels (per Michael's request).
I let Leah veg out in front of the TV while I showered and when I got out, I found her like this:

How cute is she? She had changed out of her clothes into one of her favorite nightgowns, put on her wig (she's dying to have long hair, though not necessarily blond), and fallen asleep at the foot of my bed. That girl is a hoot! Stay tuned to the Werneth blog because I will soon be posting what I did with some of the blueberries. You can't wait, can you?

3 comments:

Beth Scott said...

So cute!! I can't get over how much she looks like Michael's family. I see Christy and Carley and of course, Michael. Don't worry, she has her mamma in her too, :)
I have to confess, that squid deal does NOT make my mouth water!! LOL But I'm glad you enjoyed it!:)

The McNeills said...

That does sound sooo yummy! And cute baby girl too. Way to go getting a date night....I really wish we could have more of those. Nice to feel like a wife rather than a mommy sometimes!

Jackie said...

Oh my! That sounds delicious. And I laughed out loud at the picture. Totally reminds me of my nieces. Kids!