Saturday, December 27, 2008

Very Merry Indeed!









































What a lovely Christmas we had! We enjoyed the Christmas Eve service at church and especially enjoyed the sermon just for kiddos! It still amazes me that the great "I Am" came as a baby to save us all! We also had a great time with family and then the gifts...oh, the gifts! I'll never tire of the "Wow!" looks on my children's faces when they come down the stairs and see what Santa left. Our tradition is to give the children three presents from us (Michael and I) and then "Santa" leaves a special unwrapped gift, too. This year, the petite red-headed Santa put together a piano and a skeeball game on Christmas Eve. There's something about the last-minute bit of work preparing the special gift that makes me feel like a merry elf! We had a great time together Christmas morning (even though I had no coffee in me yet!). Thanks to my sweet sugar for the great camera he gave me! Also to Mom for the beautiful necklace and to Mom Joanne and Big Daddy for the Ipod. I am waaaay spoiled and feel a bit guilty about it! I appreciate you all! Leah's favorite things: princess digital camera (she's taken over a hundred pics), sparkly pink shoes, makeup, dollhouse, and piano. She especially likes playing with Luke's things, too, and protests, "He has to take a turn!" (which translated means, he has to give her a turn). Luke's favorite things: skeeball, "headphones" (a cheap mp3 player), razor scooter, and leappad game system. Michael enjoyed getting more "prank" gifts -- watch out, ya'll! With or without the gifts, we are truly blessed! May I keep a grateful heart during this new year!

No comments: