Sunday, October 5, 2008

There's a First Time for Everything!


Just a little random pic: I went outside to fire up the grill so that we cook hot dogs for lunch on a Saturday. This guy surprised me! We have a screened-in porch, so he must've come in through the doggie door. Stay away, possum, or you may end up on the grill next time! This is Alabama, after all!

5 comments:

Emily Chappell said...

You know, I have never seen a live possum!!

Busy Mom said...

I would have TOTALLY flipped out if he had been in my screened porch! I hate those things! And they are mean!! Did it HISS at you??

Jennifer Werneth said...

no, it just froze. at first, i thought that it was stunned by my beauty, then i remembered the phrase "playing possum". i guess it was a lame defense mechanism. michael and the neighbor handled the nasty thing. i just took the pic, of course!

April Brown said...

Ok...you're going to think I'm lying, but seriously, after I read your post the other day I walked outside and saw a possum....on our back fence!!! The tail of a possum is really quite disgusting!!!

Jennifer Werneth said...

april,
i believe you girl. we're being invaded by animals down here. we have mice in the storage room now and a nest of duck eggs in the bushes. one hatched (very cute duckling) and the others are rotting and stinking up the place. watch out; they may be coming after you now!