Sunday, September 7, 2008
So Thankful!
Today I had the privilege of sitting with Mary Fuller in church (Lauren had nursery duty). It was Mary Fuller's time to graduate to sitting with the big folk. I don't know why, but I've been a bit emotional about all of these children growing up. They were all so darn cute going to the front to get their bags (full of stuff for them to do during the sermon). I got to hold Mary Fuller during the worship time and she sang along with me during the last song, "Shout to the Lord." "I know this one!" she said in her sweet, teeny-tiny voice. The part that says "I sing for joy at the work of Your hands" meant so much as I got to hold our friend's daughter, so perfectly made with her orange hair and angel kisses (freckles). His creation is so good isn't it? The little ones especially remind me of this. How precious they are! My joy is mingled with sadness as I think of the ache Billy and Hope have to hold Alaina. I just hate it! I wish I had gotten to know her too. They have truly taught me to cherish each moment, each day. And even in their sadness, they remind me not to live for this world, which I often have the desire to cling to. May I believe: "Nothing compares to the promise I have in You!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I just love me some Mary Fuller too!!
It is so easy to get caught up in this life! Good to be reminded that there is sooo much more!
love ya girl!!
Thank you for showing me how to love our covenant children. What a blessing they all are. I too continue to be heart-broken for Billy and Hope. I am thankful for you Jennifer. Gayle
Post a Comment