My life is full of excitement. If you call me, you never know what I might be doing. Laundry, dishes, toilets, preparing to go skydiving... yeah, right! I'm not complaining though. Though I tend to be a bit dramatic myself, I really like a lovely, calm day. This morning I had a bit of drama when Leah came screaming downstairs to find me. Not unusual, really. She actually had a reason to scream this time because she had one of Luke's trains stuck in her hair. It's battery-operated and she thought it might be fun to drive it on her head. (I remember Anna Hartsel having the same great idea once :). Her hair was wound tightly and smelled burnt because the train was still on. I took a picture once I turned the train off as Leah moaned, "Mama, it's not funny!" I tried to pull it out to save what little hair my pumpkin has. Unfortunately, I had to get the scissors, but the damage was relatively mild. I'm posting that pic along with one with the hair I couldn't save. It is a bit funny, no matter what Leah says. Also posting a cute pic of my dearies with their Aunt Christy and Uncle Jason. They stopped by last night. Always great to see them! Today, I got to have lunch with Gayle and her little ones, Meg and Jack. We ate at Bay Breeze on Church St - if you haven't eaten there, make it a point to go sometime. Yummy! Then we took the kids to Gene's Beans for dollar cones. What a nice time with pals! We came home and got to visit with Nichole, Ben, and Riley and the kids splashed around in our pool from Fred's (best $30 I've ever spent). Nichole and I actually had a semi-normal conversation as the kids played. You moms know how rare that is. Then Joanne (Michael's mom) stopped by and surprised me by offering to keep the kids so that Michael and I could have a date. We got another chance to talk about what Billy and Hope are going through and how we are still grieving with them. In the midst of my sweet normalness, I won't forget them and how much they miss Alaina. (I am still praying for you, Billy and Hope). And yet the mighty God who carries them through such sadness is the same God who walks me through the laundry and the whatevers. Is He my all in all each day, too? I pray so. He is Lord over all! Hope and Billy's faith has deepened mine for sure. Gayle said today that she'll never be the same. Me neither, sweet friend.
Well, now I'm going to sit with my hubby and have a glass 'o pinot! The laundry can wait!
No comments:
Post a Comment