In June, the kids and I flew to Florida for a visit with my parents. We spent 3 nights with my mom (Mee Mee) and 3 with my dad (Paw Paw). We had a great time and Luke and Leah loved being the center(s) of attention (I mean -- who doesn't)? We went to the beach with Mom and it was beautiful. Luke even swam a little on his own for the first time (quite by accident, but none the less...). We also went with Mom to the swim club that I basically grew up at. Loved that! We stayed with Dad and Jeannine at their house and swam in their pool with them. Luke and Leah especially loved their wrestling match with Paw Paw. It was neat to see him romping around with my kids like he used to do with us (one of those "don't blink" moments). It was nice to actually see Dad on Father's Day! I got to spend time with my little bro and his wife Jenny on Father's Day and see the nursery that my niece now enjoys! Can't believe Terry's a dad now (I know he'll be the best -- see my first blog for pics of Katlynn). Don't be getting big for your britches though, Terry; I can still beat you up! We also joined up with my high school pals (love you Ang, Heather and Karen) and took over the Family Fun Center in Lakeland with our ever-growing brood of children. Wish we had a place like that here -- so fun. Anyway, it was a wonderful trip (thanks a bunch to Big Daddy for making it possible for me to fly instead of drive 9 grueling hours). These pics are for all those I love in Florida.
1 comment:
Aren't grandparents the best. It's been fun for me to see my parents interact with my kids! It's like they know what's important...just enjoying the moment! btw...LOVE your mom's t-shirt! She must be a real hoot:)
Post a Comment