
He and Slade took their boys to the season opener last weekend, and had some valuable daddy/son time while enjoying what they love, too. Luke may have enjoyed it, just a little. He told Michael that he was the best daddy in the whole world. Since Luke's the first to rise in our home each morning, I often come downstairs to catch him re watching an Alabama game, rewinding his favorite plays. You can be sure he'll know every score of the season. Like father, like son. Our other nuggets admire their daddy just as much. Leah is on him like glue from the minute he walks in the door. She can't even get through a whole day without seeing him. "Daddy, are you coming home for lunch?", she'll ask. "If not, I'm going to your work to see you." The picture in the blog header was taken during one of his visits home for lunch. He inherited from his father an ability to fall asleep sitting up. They take mini-naps, sometimes mid-conversation! Funny! Michael didn't even stir when Leah covered him with dolls. Since Leah and I are home most days, a lunch visit from Michael is the highlight of our day. Laney-girl doesn't mind it either. She loves it when Michael lifts her above his head and says, "Where's Laney?". She leans down and peeks at him through her legs and gives him a sweet, open-mouthed grin. Priceless.


I had trouble capturing a good picture of this little game that they play. Maybe you can just imagine it! Trust me, it's cute. However, here's a picture of Michael that really cranks my chain...

Why, do you ask? Well, Michael doesn't share my love of projects. However, when I get him started on something (with my cattle prod:), he does the best job ever. He's a perfectionist, and has a steady hand with a paint brush. We've been a great team lately, and have accomplished several of the projects on my list. We have paid to have some done, too, because we have not maintained the house as well as we should have. Needless to say, getting them done sends me to a beautiful, happy place. So I'm loving the sweaty, paint-covered, version of my husband. I may have to buy him a tool belt just to wear around the house! Happy birthday, Michael! I love you!
2 comments:
This is such a sweet post. Your family is truly special and I shall overlook the tiny flaw of being Bammer fans! We love you guys no matter what! Happy Birthday, Michael!
So sweet! You guys really are still so cute together! Happy Birthday, Mike!
Post a Comment