Tuesday, July 21, 2009

I Hope You Dance

Well, I woke up at an insane hour (5:00a.m.), so I thought I'd give ya'll a quick update. I've been very busy! We had a sweet friend stay with us for a few days and my kids had a ball. We then went camping for the weekend with Big Daddy, Joanne, Christy, Jason, and our kiddos. Fun! Fun! We stayed at Fort Toulouse and kayaked down Coosa River, which has a bit of white water. I did end up going with the group and taking Leah with me (I debated about this choice until the last minute). Most in the group "tumped" out (as Michael would say) at least once, but God kept Leah safe in the kayak the whole way. Of course, she wore a life jacket and would've been okay if she had tipped over in the rapids, but may have been scarred for life or some such thing. Now that I think about it, the women on the trip were the only ones who didn't "tump" over! Man, do we rock! Anyway, I totally forgot to take my camera with us on the camping trip and will forever mourn the pictures I didn't get. I really love pictures. Christy took some, so I'll have to steal some of hers one day. When we got back from camping, I worked on laundry and a project -- painting a dresser and distressing it. Like I've said before, there's something awesome about seeing something go from "ho-hum" to "oh yeah!" with a little work. I then headed out of town to help a friend get settled and arranged in her new place. Really, really fun! Now I'm back home only to leave again tomorrow. The kids and I are flying to Florida tomorrow to visit my parents and will be gone about a week. Please pray for our safe travel, and that our visit will be a sweet, fun, pleasant one. I also am a little sad about leaving Michael after just getting home. I'm a fairly independent woman (a song just popped into my head:), but am gonna miss my Sugar. Fairhope friends may want to check in on him and make sure he eats a real meal or two. And now, after such a lengthy update, I'll leave you with a few pictures and a suggestion: take a little time to dance today! My kids and I love to dance together, and they are a hoot to watch. Sometimes when I'm stressed, I will stop trying to accomplish everything and just dance with them instead. The weight will lift and I'll inevitably end up cracking up at my white boy dancer and my ghetto girl. They both dance with attitude, which makes their momma quite proud!


Bye for now!

2 comments:

April Brown said...

Those pictures crack me up...love Leah's outfit :) Have a great time in Florida!!

Bethany Griffith said...

I love reading your blog. sounds like you are an amazing mom and just enjoy life!
i miss you and would love to get to see you sometime. you should get some Fairhope girls and come to NYC for a weekend:-)

Bethany