Friday, March 13, 2009

Camping!



We had another great camping trip with the Atchisons, McLendons, and Scarbroughs. We had a blast! We went to a state park in Camden and were basically the only ones there. Perhaps we were the only ones crazy enough to camp in below-freezing temps! It was really nice to have the whole place to ourselves because we could let the kids run freely without any worries. I just love sitting around the campfire with friends and being lazy! We eat really well, too, which you know I love! We got to see alot of deer close up, which was really cool. But my favorite memory was seeing Talley ride a bike without training wheels for the first time! My favorite pic is the one with Slade holding Merri B's hand, who is holding Leah's hand, who is holding Elley's. I mean, that is just precious! I also love the one of Billy sitting on the bench that I took when he was unaware. I hate that I didn't get more of Hope, but she was often holding her camera, too. I hope we have many more trips to come. We actually just bought a pop-up camper, so no more freezing cold tents for us! Yay! And Slade (just in case you read this), please, please don't dye your hair red. I know you wanna be like me, but enough already!
P.S. I didn't intend for it to happen this way, but I love that the picture of Slade kissing Wendy comes up the first time the singer says "I am yours". What a beautiful picture of how the Lord feels about you! His heart is more filled with love for you than the happiest man when his bride is coming to meet him! Take a moment and thank God that you are His and that He loves you not because of who you are or what you've done, but because of what He did on the cross and because of who He is! He delights in you through Christ!
P.S. again: Please remember to pray for Hope and Billy each day as they miss their sweet Alaina. When we're together, I always feel like she should be there, too. It's hard not to think about her romping around with the other children, having fun. So I truly can't imagine their pain! I will never forget the words of one of the songs at her funeral: "my heart will choose to say, Lord blessed be your name!" Their honesty and faith only point me more to our Lord.

No comments: