Tuesday, February 15, 2011
Around the Table
Leah and I set the "fancy" table, rarity of rarities, and the boys wonder who is coming to dinner. Luke sets a conversation heart at each person's place. "Don't read them until after we pray," he instructs. "They're a surprise." Dad's says "Hug me". "You know, Dad, cause that's what we do alot," he says. Mine says "Kiss me". He flashes me a glance and his shy sideways smile when I read it. Leah's says "I love you". Leah's mouth opens in surprise. "He loves me!" she exclaims. We are all surprised; Luke usually acts like she's a rather large annoyance. Is it a Valentine's miracle? Maybe I should light candles more often! We eat salad, both kids using fingers instead of forks (I can set a fancy table, but I can't teach manners:), and Leah asks for Luke's last crouton. He shoves it in his mouth and swallows it as quickly as possible. "It's gone!" he states, as if the act preceded the request. "But I thought you loved me," she adds with lip poked out. Funny, I think, this marriage dance between siblings.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment