Wednesday, October 27, 2010

A Whirlwind

Okay, so I'm an absentee blogger. The main reason can be found in the picture of the header. My new silhouette now includes a baby on my hip. I seem to only get done the things that I can do with her occupying one arm. I've mastered dishes and vacuuming with her on my hip. I do count that as my exercise, since I don't have any real time for that! Other things like folding laundry and typing on the computer are harder to do. Really, I find my new shadow quite sweet, knowing that this time when she likes to be toted around is just a season, and seasons seem to fly by the older I get. Our life has been a whirlwind of activity since school started, and I've had moments when I'm quite overwhelmed. I'm definitely not as "on top of things" as I used to be, and I have trouble deciding what is good for me to do and what I need to eliminate. I know that I need to evaluate when I'm spacing out or snapping at the children too easily. I've stopped and prayed and asked God to help me manage what He wants me to do, in His strength. I get sweet perspective when I think about the women who work and maintain a house, while caring for children and loving their husbands. I know that I am blessed for sure. I do really enjoy blogging, so I'll give you a quick update on our lives:
- Luke turned eight and my mom came for his birthday to visit us. To say that he's a joy to me is a huge understatement! I only wish that I had more time to spend with him by himself. We do spend a good bit of time doing homework, but that is sooo not fun! I have to grab moments with him while he still likes to cuddle with me! He had an "all boy" party, complete with flag football, jumping on the trampoline, and a water balloon fight. I'm happy to say that all of the boys survived without major injury. I did, however, want to injure Michael when he pegged me in the cheek with a water balloon. It hurt. So I jumped on him as if to tackle him, but I am much smaller, so I don't think I could even shove him if I wanted to. What was I thinking? It was quite comical. Anyway, Luke had a great birthday, and I do owe him his own post. I finished his Bama room, so I'll try to post pics of that too. One day...
- Leah lost 2 teeth and is quite proud. She felt them getting loose, and yank! - they were out. I should've known that she'd be determined, even in this! Here's my little toothless beauty:

She and I are enjoying having this time together before she starts kindergarten. I feel like a hungry diner, eating my filet mignon as slowly as possible. Time just goes by too quickly. I have been sporadic in doing schoolwork with her. Guess that's okay. Her favorite things to do with me are flat-iron her hair, play "Operation" or "Pretty, Pretty Princess", or cook with me. She's taking gymnastics, too, and is loving it.
- Laney changes weekly, it seems. At her 6 month appointment she was 15 pounds, 15 ounces. I realized today that she'll be 8 months in about a week. What?! She's sitting up, eating some real food, grabbing everything to put it in her mouth (including her feet), laughing at her siblings, babbling, rocking on her hands and knees, brightening our home, going with the flow in our busy life... And just as Leah lost two teeth, Laney seems to have found them...

She loves it when I dance with her and will shake her arms and feet to make me start dancing again if I stop. She initiates games of peek-a-boo, even with strangers in Walmart. Her favorite thing is taking baths; she squeals and bounces in excitement when I start running the water.

Sadly, I don't have the energy to tell you what I've been up to, except to tell you about the kids! Hopefully, I'll catch up with you soon!

4 comments:

Scarlett said...

What a sweet post! I found myself giggling throughout. THe two "toofy" girls crack me up! What a blessing indeed. Embrase every moment because as Mama Riley always used to say, "This to shall pass."

Melanie said...

Love it. Your shadow is beautiful. So are your babies. However, I am going to quit reading your blog if you don't stop making me cry almost everytime. Very sweet.

Jackie said...

Your kids are gorgeous. (And so are you!)

Dena and Robbie said...

I love the little teeth in the front.